diver.net

Re: Re: 2 Sevengills Grab Game Bags in La Jolla!

AquaFlite Custom Wetsuits, Dive Skins, and Dive Parkas

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Patrick on April 26, 2010 at 15:47:54:

In Reply to: Re: 2 Sevengills Grab Game Bags in La Jolla! posted by SD Diver on April 25, 2010 at 16:33:44:

With the proposal to spear seven-gills, I’m kinda hoping for something along the lines of the incident reported below (of course substitute “seven-gill” for “bull”) to befall our idiotic spear-toting brethren. In the interest of full disclosure, let me say that I will and do spear fish – to eat. Realistic eating fish like a calico bass or if I must, maybe a halibut. But to hunt big fish just because you might be insecure about some aspect of your life is not something I support. And this witch-hunt for seven-gills with the pitifully transparent and lame excuse about eating them is just absurdly juvenile. Screw around with Nature, and sooner or later, Nature will screw areound with you. ;)

MADRID (AP) -- One of Spain's top matadors was seriously injured in Mexico when a 1,100-pound (500-kilogram) bull gored him in the groin and hoisted him into the air, causing major blood loss, his manager said Sunday.

Jose Tomas lost up to eight liters (17 pints) of blood after being gored Saturday by a beast named Navegante in the Mexican city of Aguascalientes.

The bull's horn penetrated 4 inches (10 centimeters) into Tomas' groin and punctured a vein and an artery...

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to