diver.net

From Captain Dexter

Outer Bamnks diving on the Great Escape Southern California Live-Aboard Dive Boat

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Divebum Don on May 31, 2010 at 13:43:13:

In Reply to: Toilet Bowl Reef in Malibu is getting cleaned up. posted by Ross-O on May 26, 2010 at 08:41:46:

Hi Don,

I don't have the numbers with me, they are on the boat. We are going out tomorrow, Monday for another load. If you call the boat phone- xxx-xxxx or my cell xxx-xxxx I can give you the location.

Last week we pulled 11 tons of toilets off and have about the same number left. There are even more tires in the area. We hope to have it cleaned up by the end of the week.

There are other toilet bowl reefs in the area but this is the only one I'm interested in cleaning up because it covers part of one of the most important reefs in Malibu. This reef is the only reef in Malibu which goes from the tide pools to deep water. The toilets were laid right across it. It has some life but not as much as the natural reef nearby. It is also a migratory path for lobster and other species.

Regards,

Glenn

On Sat, May 29, 2010 at 8:04 AM, Don Robarge wrote:

Hi Glen:

Don Robarge here from the Ocean Defenders Alliance, Thanks for the effort off the 'Bu.
I wonder if you might offer us the numbers for that particular reef so we could make a run up there next week? We'd like to see it for curiosity's sake, and maybe shoot some video.

All the best,

Don Robarge
Dive Team Coordinator
Ocean Defendrers Alliance
www.oceandefenders.org

c 1.310.896.6163

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever.
Jacques Yves Cousteau

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.