diver.net

OML Report, Dads Day

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Divebum Don on June 21, 2010 at 12:58:15:

Many folks showed up for an easy dive day and Bar-B debriefing. I was looking forward to some recently reported warm water. Some "rollers" at the point kept all divers from the rocky entry. The cove however was flat, weird? We all entered there. A couple divers went out to the 120 Reef, but most kicked off for the point or just dived "up and back" through "the garden". About 8' feet'o'vizz reported by most. 63 warm degrees, Ahhh.

I slowly solo'd and enjoyed the easy surge and warm water. Stopped to feed "Abby" the resident Abalone, spied an Octo, observed many Kellets Welk's eggs and some juveniles (orange colored) making way across the sand. Enjoyed watching some Sea Hares dining, as well as Cucumbers having Dads Day brunch. A Bat Star was eating some sort of jelly or salp? and another Star was devouring a Purple "urch", yummm, fresh sea food brunch ;~). I then hung out for a while observing a juvenile Diamond Turbot (Hypsopsetta Guttulata?) not very well hidden in sand. I love slow solo diving while enjoying Marine Life behaviors, just a square meter and a magnifying glass and I'm happy.

Many old regulars showed up and we all enjoyed the post dive grub and early burn-off of June Gloom, Summers Back! Get out there.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to