|First Annual Ocean Defenders Dive Festival is ON!|
Posted by Ocean Defenders Alliance on July 09, 2010 at 21:17:59:|
We are very happy to announce the First Annual Ocean Defenders Dive Festival this October 30th, 2010 at Terranea Resort in Rancho Palos Verdes(OML) All divers, boaters, fishers, and ocean lovers are invited. As this is a first for us (and So Cal I believe) there’s much to do. ODA will handle all activities and events, but we need you all to participate.
The events we’ve selected are:
- A Gear Swap of donated Good Gear
- A Silent Auction of donated Goods, Art and Services
- An onsite/day of, Photo and Video contest
- A Scuba'lympics event for U/W Navigation challenge
- An underwater "poker run", retrieving marked eggs with a "best" poker hand to win
- A Free diver's breath hold event
- A Diver's Golf Tournament
- A live (Big Name) Band with dancing
- An Underwater Picture and Video display
- Likeminded groups having tables onsite, ie; Algalita, Sea-Shepherd, SPMMCC, Etc...
- Likeminded "celebrities" on hand for meet and greet, or presentations
First we ask that you all show up and HAVE FUN! ☺
-Next we’d like to promote your best U/W photos, we’re asking for any photogs to donate their best pic or pics, enlarged and framed for Auction and Prizes. We’ll also have a venue for you to simply “show your stuff”. Same for Videographers.
-If you have any old dive gear in good shape that you can donate for the Gear Swap, Thank You! Any left over’s will be E-Bay’d.
-If you have any interest in volunteering to help at this event, we’d love to hear from you!
The event will take place in the public parking area (reserved for us that day) and we’ve secured cart rides down to the beach if you’re a diving event participant. As well reduced rate rooms if your staying over. This event should be very fun and we expect a great turnout!
If you have any questions please continue this thread, if you’d like to donate or volunteer, please contact me direct. PLEEZE promote this to your club, blog, website or diving organization. We’re here to make it happen!
Hope to Sea ya There!
|Optional Link URL:|
|Optional Link Title:|
|Optional Image URL:|
|Post Background Color:||White Black|
|Post Area Page Width:||Normal Full|
|You must type in the
scrambled text key to
This is required to
help prevent spam bots
from flooding this BBS.