diver.net

Re: Re: Re: Sovereign immunity for the UB88, too funny.

JuJee Beads, handmade flamework glass beads

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by baja ha ha on July 17, 2010 at 05:25:41:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Sovereign immunity for the UB88, too funny. posted by Max Bottomtime on July 15, 2010 at 15:51:00:

Max

in case you mnissed my reply...

My reference to the book "Shipwrecks of Southern California" was to inform the newer divers who were unaware that a book of this nature existed-- nothing more - nothing less.

Personaly I do not understand the longivity aspect of your post...
I do not recall when Patrick Smith and I first met-- Perhaps it was when Mickey Pitman was attempting to organize the California Wreck divers in the early 1970s or perhaps about 20 or was it 30 years ago? when Patrick became a NAUI instructor-- We have both discussed this over dinner and neither he or I can recall the exact moment we met.

I also have "Shipwrecks of Southern California ." My copy is inscribed by Patrick Smith as well as the co-author Bonnie Cardone. Acknowledged diving and main stream bibliophiles will agree that a book has considerably more value, if both authors inscribe the book with personal acknowledgement. Next time you have contact with Bonnie it is suggested that you have her also inscribe it and you also will have a rare and much valuable book.

My interest in shipwrecks is almost ancillary to other diving interests, however I have dove a number of wrecks locally and throughout the world and I have a rather large shelf in my library dedicated to ship wrecks. I do not wish to make the content of my library public therefore it is suggested that the next dive with Patrick & Cindy you discuss my library with them"

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to