diver.net

Re: Memories of Susan Grant

dive-instructors.com, the first place to look for a dive instructor

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jon on September 20, 2010 at 16:04:49:

In Reply to: Memories of Susan Grant posted by Max Bottomtime on September 20, 2010 at 15:17:43:

I remember bug diving at Flat Rock with Don Shepard, Ross and Susan on a really dark night a few years back. Don and Ross went one way and Susan and I went the other.

As we were kicking out on the surface, a hoop net boat raced into the cove and almost ran right into one of the wash rocks. There was much cursing on board as the skipper spun the boat around and throttled it directly toward us.

We waved our HID lights at the boat and the driver just managed to swerve around us. One of the guys on the boat gave us a stream of verbal abuse as they passed by, essentially saying that we should get out of the water unless we wanted to get run over.

I was still fizzing the next day and since I'd caught the name of the boat as it flew past us, I called the Coast Guard to see if there was anything they would do about it. The officer I spoke to told me he was willing to conduct an investigation but Susan would have to file a report corroborating what I'd told him.

I called Susan and she said she wasn't interested -- she told me life's too short.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to