diver.net

Re: Re: Catalina diving fatality Saturday

Scuba Diving on the Great Escape Southern California Live-Aboard Dive Boat

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Leann Saunders on November 08, 2010 at 09:55:16:

In Reply to: Re: Catalina diving fatality Saturday posted by Max Bottomtime on November 07, 2010 at 16:13:15:

Hi to all - Steve was diving from his (newer) Parker, a relatively shallow dive for him. He surfaced after 20 minutes in distress. It is believed that he may have suffered a heart attack at depth, and embolized on surfacing.
He was a character, and my very best friend. This was his fourth boat (I think) in the last 15 years. He wasn't doing the crazy deep dives the last few months. He was getting so close to retirement he realized that maybe he SHOULD start watching himself!
Tim was actually the third fatality; and Steve still missed him a lot. Steve always thought that he (Steve) "would go" by a diving accident, and that he would get to see these buddies again.
The Los Angeles Coroner's dept. expects to take TWO FRIGGIN' WEEKS to process the body before it can be returned to the family for services.
It would be GREAT if any and all of you would post stories of experiences, or what the stories turned into as they were passed around!, about Steve, and diving, or just crazy Steve, for me to share with his family.
Kind regards to all, Leann

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.