diver.net

Re: Re: Excluding rescue aircraft I hope

Outer Bamnks diving on the Great Escape Southern California Live-Aboard Dive Boat

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Chuck Tribolet on December 20, 2010 at 07:31:13:

In Reply to: Re: Excluding rescue aircraft I hope posted by Chuck Tribolet on December 20, 2010 at 07:20:38:

Oh, bleep, I managed to paste in a whole lot more than I intended.
I'll try again.

Here's what the current MBNMS regs say:

Flying motorized aircraft, except as necessary for valid law enforcement purposes, at less than 1,000 feet above any of the four zones within the Sanctuary described in Appendix B to this subpart.

Appendix B to Subpart M of Part 922 — Zones Within the Sanctuary Where Overflights Below 1000 Feet are Prohibited

The four zones are:

1. From mean high water out to three nautical miles (NM) between a line extending from Point Santa Cruz on a southwesterly heading bearing of 220° true and a line extending from 2.0 nmi north of Pescadero Point on a southwesterly heading bearing of 240° true;

2. From mean high water out to three nmi between a line extending from the Carmel River mouth on a westerly heading bearing of 270° true and a line extending due west along latitude 35.55488° off of Cambria;

3. From mean high water and within a five nmi arc drawn from a center point at the end of Moss Landing Pier as it appeared on the most current NOAA nautical charts as of January 1, 1993; and

4. Over the waters of Elkhorn Slough east of the Highway One bridge to Elkhorn Road.

That's pretty much the whole sanctuary.

Chuck

Follow Ups:
  • OK Elaine 19:33:20 12/20/10 (0)

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the