diver.net

Len Bucko, and Sanctum (No Relation) Come See ;-)

AquaFlite Custom Wetsuits, Dive Skins, and Dive Parkas

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Divebum Don on February 05, 2011 at 19:49:04:

OK,
Come on out and meet Len Bucko! He's one of diving's coolest guys, and my all time FAVORITE Instructor. "Buck" spent many years as Course Director at Dive'n'Surf and has awesome and fun tales of adventure, diving, working U/W, Filming IMAX in caves, and U/W Filmography!

Team Meeting - Wednesday, February 16

Legendary Photographer Len Bucko

Len has a long history in photography on the land, sea and air. A certified SCUBA diver since 1956, an Airline Transport Pilot and holder of a 100 ton USCG Captain's license have allowed Len to capture images in many varied locations. Years of studio photo work and 20 years of flying with the US Marine Corps as a Top Gun Instructor and American Airlines pilot have given Len the chance to teach diving and photography all over the world. He has also been a NAUI and YMCA SCUBA Instructor and is currently a PADI Instructor Trainer/Examiner.
Len started cave diving in the mid eighties. By overcoming the challenges of capturing light rays of the sacred Cenotes and the darkness of the Yucatan caves he has produced images many other photographers strive to emulate.

Len's images have been featured in many magazines and other publications. Most recently they were seen in Advanced Diver Magazine and in ads by PADI and National Geographic to promote their new diver certification program. Len's expertise earned him the position of Dive Coordinator/Underwater Production Manager for the IMAX film "Journey into Amazing Caves" and the feature film "The Cave".

Dive N' Surf staff members will also provide updates about upcoming Dive Team-sponsored local beach dives, special events, and classes you can join in on. We'll also be taking new dive team memberships and renewals for 2011.

The meeting will be held in the upstairs room at Delzano's by the Sea on the International Boardwalk in Redondo Beach. Park in the Redondo Beach Marina lot (enter on Harbor Drive across from Gold's Gym), as parking validation is available for this lot only.

Admission to the meeting is $11 (tax and tip included), and includes a taco bar buffet dinner. Check-in begins at 6 p.m. The Dive Team meeting and dinner begin at 7 p.m. A cash bar will be open for beverage purchases.

This event is open to the public. Everyone attending receives a free raffle ticket for Dive N' Surf door prizes. A second, $2 raffle will be held for a great SCUBA prize.

http://lenbuckophoto.com/ps_meet_len.htm

OH, ...and I saw "SANCTUM" opening day, I won't give any hints, but it's COOL! $18 was tough for a tight wad like me, but it was IMAX 3-D, Haa! and worth it. It seemed technically sound(dive wise). As far as the story line, let's just suffice it to say I took my non-diving brother with me who related to me after the movie "I had been thinking about giving SCUBA a try, BUT now I don't think so"

Be SAFE out there!

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.