diver.net

More muck dive photos

JuJee Beads, handmade flamework glass beads

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Max Bottomtime on March 28, 2011 at 18:58:50:

I had one more tank to empty before heading to the dive shop so I decided to make one more short dive under my boat. I didn't turn on the camera before descending and it cost a life. As I neared the bottom after struggling to turn on the camera I saw a navanax about to devour a hermissenda. Normally I would rescue the little guy, but I barely had time to fire off one shot before he was half the nudi he used to be. I resigned myself to observe nature without interfering. After feasting on the hermissenda the navanax headed up the piling. I saw a Janolus barbarensis on my way down but couldn't find it later. I think the navanax will be burping all night.

I found two Rictaxis punctocaelatus in the silt. One had recently laid eggs but I missed out on the shot. I need to ask my boss if I can just stay home and dive all day.

On Saturday I found my first Aeolidiella oliviae but had the wrong lens to prove it. As my spg was screaming at me to ascend today I spotted him and quickly fired off three shots. With a little more air and time I might have waited for the camera to focus.

Among the other nudibranchs crawling all over the place were more Hermissenda crassicornis

Aegires albopunctatus

a Polycera atra laying eggs

and several Prostheceraeus bellostriatus flatworms

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the