diver.net

Response to AADIVER

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MHK on July 04, 2011 at 21:54:08:

Frank stirred the pot, once again, by posting the following:

"Posted by AADIVER on June 21, 2011 at 22:23:54:
What happened to the DIR friendly scubadivernet.com website that Mike Kane regularly posted to? "

I find it somewhat ironic that over a decade later my name is still affiliated with this kind of pot stirring.

Having disclaimed that, 4 kids later; cancer survival under my belt; and most importantly DIR now has track record and a training record that has spoken for itself. I, quite frankly, have neither the time, nor the inclination to engage in relitigating the DIR debates of the past. The torch has been passed to a new generation, and the information has now been out there for over a decade, at this point, if it is still lost on anyone is isn't because George or I might have been mean a decade ago. Denial is still a river in Egypt.

That said, leave me out of it. I have 4 kids now, I'm swamped at work so these debates are very much in my rear view mirror and while my delivery may have been off at the time, locally we were losing a diver a month at the time so attention was warranted, therefore if I can borrow a strawman approach from Obama, "I saved or avoided" numerous deaths or injuries.

Honestly guys, to the extent possible, please leave me out of it and to the guys that call me about these posts, leave me out. I now have 4 kids, a wife, and significantly increased workload. You guys have at it, my time has passed and I'm done with it

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to