diver.net

Re: Something is missing...

dive-instructors.com, the first place to look for a dive instructor

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by halibug on July 12, 2011 at 01:36:45:

In Reply to: Something is missing... posted by Brad on July 09, 2011 at 22:41:09:

As you can tell by my last post, My dive group and I are attempting to spear as many legal fish as possible before these enviro whacko regs go into place. My disdain is these closures seem to only be about keeping the sportfishing community off the beaches in enviro whacko communities like Laguna and Malibu and La Jolla instead of going after the real culprits like commercial overfishing and polution. I am a member of the Sportfishing community and believe in protecting the marine environment as well as being able to harvest species to enjoy sea food meals that I can get legally. I also fish for Corbina in areas of mlpa closures and only follow catch and release, I have never kept the many Corbina, Croakers and BSPERCH that I have caught over the years and will no longer be able to do this enjoyable activity. This October 1 implementation date is subject to further postponement like the last dates considering the lawsuits and the incompetence displayed by the state in a depleted budget anyway. I will be planning to dive my usual spots in Laguna this early Bug Season. What is missing Brad is that you and I are closer than you want to believe in protecting the marine environment that you will believe but I want to take legally harvested sea food and you all want it to be closed to all forms of hunting and gathering. I want to follow as many regs as needed to ensure healthy growth of our marine environment, not complete closures of areas that seem like rich enviro whackos trying to keep us off " their beaches'[.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to