diver.net

9-11 Dive

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jeff Shaw on September 12, 2011 at 18:32:23:

A bunch of us old OML divers got together for a shakedown cruise of the newly rebuilt engine in the Ocean Defenders Alliance boat. It was like a class reunion. We had all spent so many hours in the old dirt lot before the Terranea Resort was built.

Someone said that they wanted to dive the PV Arch. Oh me too me too.
Nobody knew the numbers, so we called none other than Max Bottomtime himself.
He cheerfully gave us the coordinates, and off we went. I had not been there for many years since a fantastic dive with Ross-O and Elaine.

I teamed up With the Reverend Al as I have many times before. Al was my dive buddy when I broke some ribs at an OML dive, so we reminisced a bit and scurried down the anchor line.

Captain Kurt practically put the anchor into the arch itself. Fittingly there was an abandon lobster trap at the opening.

If you have never done this dive, it should be on your list. There is so much structure all over the place, and the nudibranchs ware polluting the reef with there abundance.

I got no good shots, so the above one is mercilessly stolen from an old Max report. I just hate reports with no visuals, so full disclosure... "Not my shot".

Photobucket

From there we went to the OML Platform. The fun part here is that Kurt landed the anchor in the structure. It took a third dive to release it, but no one complained. This is waaaaayyyy better than missing the target.

All and all a fantastic day had by all!

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.