diver.net

hallibug--You have got to be kidding!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brad on September 27, 2011 at 16:24:52:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Illusion of Plenty' Masking Collapse of Two Key Southern California Fisheries posted by halibug on September 27, 2011 at 09:07:29:

FOURTY years of hammering the spawning mass 27/7 during the spawn has not had an impact?? i have seen the fleet light up the mud flats since i have been on the water in '85.

25 years ago, the jackpot Sand Bass was over 10 lbs, today you would be lucky to see a 4lb fish! We have watched the big fish steadily disappear before our wide open eyes for the last two decades. When was the last 10lb spawner caught??

If after all of your time on the water, if you have concluded that 'urban runoff' is responsible for the decline, you are either deliberately perpetuating a known lie or you are too ignorant to be engaged in this conversation.

You are part of the ME-FIRST entitlement crown that no doubt denies global warming...

sorry seahunt, but this neophite is part of the problem!

One more thing:

all of those squid that just happened to wash up on the beach--

the APPOLOGIST, i mean biologist said it was "post spawn" dieoff. Except for one lousy detail--EVERY ONE OF THOSE SQUID THAT WASHED UP HAD A SQUID JIG ripped out of its body the night before!-

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to