diver.net

Eggs...scuse me!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Max Bottomtime on October 29, 2011 at 15:31:09:

Margaret Webb joined us for a dive on the Redondo Artificial Reef this morning. After seeing the Cabezon eggs Frank Lukowski shot on Thursday, we wanted to get a chance to see them up close and personal.
When I dived this reef for the first time on Monday there was a California Scorpionfish on some concrete. When we went back on Tuesday there was a cabezon in the same spot, but no eggs. I shot a few pictures and Merry shot video. Frank found the eggs on Thursday and today the same cabezon was there, keeping a close watch.
I took a few shots but didn't want to bother him, so I pointed him out to Merry and Margaret so they could do it. Margaret shot enough pixels to make him hide under a ledge, then Merry moved in for some macro shots of the eggs. Margaret didn't notice the eggs, so we're going to make a do-over dive tomorrow.
After a very short bottom time I moved the anchor, took an obligatory metridium shot and then followed the Two Chicks up the line. A fiesty sea lion zoomed by a few times while we were ascending, but the upper column of water was too dirty for a shot.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to