diver.net

Do Over Day with Maggie D

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Max Bottomtime on October 30, 2011 at 19:07:31:

Margaret Webb joined Merry and me for a second attempt at getting cabezon eggs. We got a little more than we bargained for.
We arrived to find several sea lions resting, jumping and barking for us to join them. We dropped into the chilly water and went our seperate ways, in search of photo ops. Margaret made a bee line for the cabezon eggs that Frank Lukowski found on Thursday, Merry headed over to a concrete block while I followed the line I laid last week.
Margaret came back with some very nice images.

Two sea lions followed me along the line. I was swimming twenty feet off the bottom, so they wouldn't hold still for more shots.

I found a yellow car body flattened by the elements, but crabs, lobsters, scallops and lots of red algae have taken up residence.

Back at the reef, fish we willing to pose for the scuba paparazzi.

One section of the reef even flipped off Margaret.

I noticed Merry firing off shots next to her block. I swam over to find that she had found yet another octopus nest. She's incredible at finding nesting behavior. I took one shot, then left her to fire away.

Merry shots from the reef.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

We motored to the Landing Craft for a second dive. We found a strong current and the visibility had subsided, but it was still good enough for wide angle photography. Margaret began her dive at an octopus nest we found earlier this month. We didn't see any eggs, but the octopus, while looking a little ragged was still standing guard.

Margaret worked a little harder than I, and got a better image.

Margaret's images from the Landing Craft

I was hoping to get some shots of the Giant Sea Bass around the wreck, but they were a no show today. At one point a school of Blacksmith rushed by, ducking for cover under a rusty plate, but no predator was seen.

I swam around the wreck and fired off as many shots as I could before ending our dive day under a warm shower onboard.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to