diver.net

Labugman's Open letter to Seahunt

Scuba Diving on the Great Escape Southern California Live-Aboard Dive Boat

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Labugman on January 23, 2012 at 08:17:15:

Seahunt.....I'm saddened to know you've left California. We've shared many memories diving California starting with my first SCUBA dive ever (even before I was even certified) at Greyhound Rock, Santa Cruz in 1976. Then the Diving on the Truth, the Peace, the Raider and The Rapture. You wrote about it so beautifully in Raider. I'm glad the Seahunt web site will continue. It's the best there is on California diving (along with Diver.net of course) I hope you come out for a trip on the Rapture again some day. In the meantime, I'll keep you updated on it's adventures. Yesterday I had an amazing day Big Bug hunting. Two Personal best in one day! First I caught (with tank off deep in a ledge) and released a 12.5 lb bug, a tie for my best. 12.5 lb bug Release Then, a half hour later, I found a 13.5 lb Bug sitting in a ledge. I grabbed it before it could scoot back. As I was trying to bag it the horn broke and it almost got away. I managed to get it in the bag. I feel bad that I damage it too much for a safe release but Bug hunting has it's risk for both the diver and the Bug. 13.5 lb bug Well my friend....I know we'll keep in touch. I send you my warm thoughts and the love of a friend......Labugman

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to