diver.net

Help !!! Historical information needed!

Scuba Diving on the Great Escape Southern California Live-Aboard Dive Boat

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by SDM on March 08, 2012 at 06:55:02:

Help !!!

Historical information needed!

As most of the diving world knows a diving inventor and his wife visited Betty and I for a week several years back- with the express purpose of doing research for a book- at the end of the week they managed to walk off with a truck load of one of a kind equipment, historical diving books, all my French diving books, some of my original research from the computer and a number of spear guns, my gold wedding band and even my granddaughter's air rifle...I assume I do not need to mention names

Yes, a police report was made and now an open end John Doe and Jane Doe bench warrant will be issued- according to officals they are currently living in San Diego where he is being treated for terminal desease, so the locals police officals won't touch him..they are waiting for his DOC (Date of Croaking) which as we all know will create a great civic improvement and rid diving of at least one liar, cheat and theif. At the time the officials will move on his wife; premeditated grand thief home burglary which will reward me with her being incarcerated under present guide lines for about 15 years, but in the future they will probably take her libaray card from her....but she will have a felony record!

I suspect most of the items incuding all my historic research and documentation has probably been tossed by now...

I am in a bind and need some assistance. I am presenting "The history of diving regulators-1860 to1960" to the San Luis Obispo Underwater Search and Recovery team at their 3 annual conference in April.

I have adequate coverage for Rouquayol, Denayrouse & Cousteau

I have some information that was not stolen but still need more drawings, pictures descriptions, etc of the following;

1) Fernez mouth peice - (I have one picture from the Compleat Goggler)

2) Le Prieur (A mint copy of Le Prieu's 1957 book Premier de Plongee was part of their loot)

a) Le Pieur- Fernez Diving Unit of 1926

b) Le Pieur Diving Apparatus of 1933

3) Commeinhes- Rene & George

a) Commeinhes regulator-1937

b) Commeinhes tank

c) Commeinhes tank block

I appreciate that this is a late notice and about SCUBA equipment but just perhaps someone may have some items of value...and I certainly will appreciate any and all assistance that you can provide.

You may contact me on this board or by PM

Thank You,

SDM

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the