diver.net

Sea Life Mural by locak artist

Great Dive Trips at Bargain Prices with the Sea Divers

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Ross-O on June 01, 2012 at 20:45:05:

Gang,

Beth and I have a another little one on the way in the next week or so. There was existing art in the baby room when we purchased the house that the wife & family friends deemed unacceptable (angry sea state, Kraken tentacles, etc - yes, I'm being serious). In a remarkable turn of fate, I was introduced to a friend of the family (recently adopted Honduran side - long story) who does murals and was looking for work. We got a little out of control with the design but I think you guys will appreciate it. See the URL below for what he did in 5.5 days start to finish.

The artist is named Jardiel Diaz (pronounced "Har Dee El") and his rates are VERY reasonable. He's looking for more SoBay work so I wanted to share his work with you guys. He recently moved here from Cuba and is still working on his english. If you speak Spanish feel free to contact him directly. If not, email me for the contact info of my Honduran "cousin" who is helping him out. He has a preliminary web page here: http://www.californiaartmurals.com/

As a side note, when I gave him a photo of a gorgonian to put by the Garibaldi's, it had a Tritona Festiva on it. He asked if he should paint it too. There was already so much detail in the room I left it off but I would LOVE to see a whole room of nothing but giant local nudibranches or jellies. This would be the guy to make it happen (ATTN Phil & Merry). He can paint ANYTHING he sees in a photo.

Cheers,
Ross-O

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to