diver.net

Re: You Can't Go Home Again

AquaFlite Custom Wetsuits, Dive Skins, and Dive Parkas

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by SDM on July 07, 2012 at 06:04:11:

In Reply to: You Can't Go Home Again posted by Max Bottomtime on July 06, 2012 at 16:48:07:

Son of a gun you found it!

Recalling a line from the Sir Robert Service poem "The Cremation of Sam MC Gee" quote "A promise made is a debt unpaid" I woke up with the intent of locating and posting "You can't go home again." I see Max, the King of PV has beat me to it; I thank you Max for posting.

Over the past almost 60 years I have authored over 150 articles in local, national and international magazines, have had 4 dedicated columns and the first and only dedicated diving news paper column in the US. All the columns and the articles have been long forgotten - except "You can't go home again."

It seems to bridge the gap between the pioneer diver and the novice; the pioneer recalls the days of yesteryear when diving was in its infancy, the tribe was small and the equipment was very crude or home made, as contrasted to the present day when an individual needs only to walk into a store place a card of plastic on the counter and with in a short time will be adorned with all sorts of gadgets and a fuzzy faced individual to instruct on how to use the items to become a "diver."

sdm

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.