diver.net

OK another one if you insist~

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brad on September 21, 2013 at 16:22:16:

In Reply to: i've got one~ posted by Brad on September 20, 2013 at 19:39:06:

This was an absolutely calm pitch black night, low, thick cloud ceiling. i was anchored about 50 yards from the wreck. You could hear the water hiss every once in a while as the turbulence from the small swells going over the wreck migrate to the surface..You could hear the eternal ring of the red buoy and birds flying, sea lions, splashes..

In the night i like to get up and sit on the engine and just take in the sights and sounds..That night i heard a huge breath in the distance. so i flashed my light in that direction and went back to bed.. a few minutes later i hear the huge breath again, this time closer. I stick my flash light under the flap of the tent and shine it in that direction and lay back down... A few minutes later i hear it again, this time it is much closer. I get up and shine my light all around and don't see anything, all is quite..i go back to bed.. I am laying in bed for a while and curiosity got the best of me so i stick my flashlight under the flap of the tent shined it..

Suddenly there was a HUGE breath followed by a HUGE splash and a tremendous wake of water against the hull! I never saw what it was--

Awesomeness on the edge of the known universe...

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to