diver.net

Holey Mola

JuJee Beads, handmade flamework glass beads

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Max Bottomtime on November 02, 2013 at 17:28:52:

The surface looked good enough to check out a new reef off Honeymoon Cove this morning. The water was green but visibility looked promising. Once again, the ocean broke its promise. Poor visibility on the reef gave me lots of backscatter-filled photos to choose from today.

photo HoneymoonCove12_zpsd2db1fcd.jpg

photo HoneymoonCove11_zps897ef5f6.jpg

photo HoneymoonCove6_zps6e234bf2.jpg

photo HoneymoonCove1_zpsa451327c.jpg

Before dropping into the gloom we saw a Mola Mola jumping out of the water several times. Several minutes into the dive I saw Merry looking up. There was a Mola Mola just above her with some serious propeller damage. As I was framing a shot in the viewfinder another mola swam into the frame.

photo HoneymoonCove4_zpsf473b721.jpg

photo HoneymoonCove2_zps39dd2a74.jpg

photo HoneymoonCove5_zpsa0318078.jpg

We made a second dive on Merry's Reef. On our previous dives her we found Sunstars everywhere. Kevin and I tried to remove one stuck in a lobster trap but it was unwilling to let go. Today we founs several Sunstars, or rather former Sunstars. They have been through a Bass-O-Matic and dropped back onto the reef. Bat stars had a field day.

photo HoneymoonCove8_zpse55f2c56.jpg

photo HoneymoonCove9_zps02994818.jpg

Visibility was about twelve feet with lots of particulates suspended throughout the water column.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to