diver.net

Re: Re: Re: Giant Sea Bass count for Dr. Milton Love

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brad on June 13, 2014 at 08:43:48:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Giant Sea Bass count for Dr. Milton Love posted by seahunt on June 08, 2014 at 07:15:57:

Hello Seahunt~ if it is bigger than a bread box, it won't fit on the skiff. Been running the seas hard and having a great time--Spent last Monday night on the Cortes Bank- It was fun and magical as always (40th night since '93). i swam in my favorite cove at SCI and ended up in China cove, then at around 5:30PM for some reason, i just decided to busted out to the bank getting there just before 8PM--(i can't resist skimming the open seas on a late afternoon run~) 61 in the water and only about 20-25ft vis--lots of small forage, but none of the roiling of the surface from big fish underneath... Nice new kelpage. I ran into a very interesting unmanned vehicle on the way back--Me thinks i may have 'fouled the range' for a short time. :((

Anyway, saw a beautiful broadbill on the way to Nic a couple weeks ago. It was about 4' long and couldn't have weighted 12 lbs.. AWESOME SIGHT! -Wednesday i got tons of video of juvenile makos, about a half dozen individuals--real intimate stuff--bite camera, etc..really feisty little fellas, all over the place! I stayed in the boat and used my camera on a pole--too impetuous and youthful to be swimming with this time:)) I spent Wednesday night in a neat cove along the front side of Catalina--was woken up before first light by barracuda breaking the surface all around the skiff!

Here is a great webcam for Catalina--real time of Avalon and the isthmus:

http://www.visitcatalinaisland.com/island-info/media/mount-ada-cam

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to