diver.net

Re: Diving San Diego

AquaFlite Custom Wetsuits, Dive Skins, and Dive Parkas

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by seahunt on September 01, 2014 at 03:02:41:

In Reply to: Diving San Diego posted by Brent Olsen on August 30, 2014 at 12:03:39:

I put a fair number of posts about San Diego Diving on my site at seahunt Diving For The Fun Of It. Really, Wreck Alley is some of the best of San
Diego. The Yucon is a very fun dive, but the Ruby E is prettier. Don't miss the NOS Tower. It is fun if conditions are good. Try
to get numbers for the Ingram Street Bridge if you want to see something uniquely different. Someone threw a freeway out in
the ocean.

Another interesting dive is the Sewer Pipe is located near the middle of Point Loma and can easily be identified at where it
starts at the shore. Every couple of hundred yards along its length, are white buoys about the size of a large beach ball, so
it is easy to find. It sticks out near three miles off shore and ends in deep water. It is covered with boulders, so it is just
like diving a large breakwall that sticks up off the bottom about 30 feet. It is basically just a huge rock pile and so it is
loaded with life. It makes for a beautiful dive, day or night. There is not a lot just around it.

Really, I think I would also recommend La Jolla. I just liked the diving better there. The huge Kelp Bed of Point Loma does have
some good diving, but you have to find it. It's a big place. Look for a dive site map of some sort. If you like seeing lobster,
check out the La Jolla Reserve.

Enjoy the diving, seahunt

There are some GPS Numbers here, but I have reason to suspect them.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to