diver.net

The Shredded Bag & The Big Bug

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Labugman on November 30, 2015 at 15:25:25:

My son Logan & I recently went out on the Rapture for our first fishing and diving trip alone.... just he and I. He's 7 years old and now has the OK from mom. At the end of the night I had a nice bag of bugs which we hung over the side of the boat. At 3 AM I awoke to a very bumpy North East wind and decided to move the boat to a more protected cove. While maneuvering the boat to drop anchor I heard the unmistakable sound and felt the vibration of a prop entanglement. I dropped the anchor quickly knowing I'd have an early morning dive to clear the prop. In the AM I saw the cut line hanging on the cleat and realized what had happened. I cleared the prop of the shredded bag and mangled metal frame but lost the entire catch. It's not the first time this has happened. Logan suggested that I put a post-it on the steering wheel when I hang a bag of bugs over the side. Not a bad idea. I did more diving and ended up with 3 more bugs.... We released the two bigger ones including this 10.6 lbs Bug. I gave the remaining bug to my neighbor at the dock. I ended up with no bugs but LOTS of satisfaction!!! I'm full of Thanksgiving and Excitement at the prospect of sharing with Logan future adventures on the Sea we love so much. Labugman

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to