diver.net

San Nicolas and the Cortes Bank.

Scuba Diving on the Great Escape Southern California Live-Aboard Dive Boat

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brad on February 11, 2016 at 13:10:25:

In Reply to: Re: That's pretty drastic:)way too drastic! posted by Brad on February 08, 2016 at 16:58:01:

I went straight out to Nic Tuesday morning leaving at the leisurely hour of 10 AM--How presumptuous of me! Nice run out, the island was 'fishy' but the vis was very poor and as a freediver, poor vis is a bummer... Wednesday morning there was an otter camped out about 50 yards away.. he was obviously a newcomer because ever other time i have seen an otter, they BOLTED away,never to bee seen again! They obviously remember being captured for the survey, one too many times...

Wind came over the island all night, but little fetch..Wednesday afternoon the weather looked doable so i zipped out to the Cortes bank for a look-around. I absolutely love a late afternoon run! Just standing in the wind, skimming over the surface watching th ose beautiful miles just up and go by, hour after hour.... But the conditions were bleak! Bad vis, no kelp visible, whitecap flow, --3ft seas followed right behind me, so i decided to jump off the bank and go to SCI for the night, then home this morning...2 nights, 230...

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to