diver.net

FINCLIP, a new piece of equipment you don't want to miss

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Paolo Piumatti on May 26, 2016 at 03:45:11:

Hello to all the divers in this forum
Allow me to introduce myself:
My name is Paolo Piumatti and I’m the inventor of FINCLIP.
I’m 59 years old and have been diving since I was 14.
Until 1998 I successfully owned and ran a motor spares distribution company, which I then decided to sell in order to dedicate my time and energy to what has always been my true passion: the sea.
Since then I have been the proud owner of a diving resort where I train and accompany divers on dives throughout most of the year.
Unfortunately (or perhaps fortunately) I have always been a great observer and have never ceased to enjoy researching solutions which could improve the quality of life.

I felt that this introduction was necessary to reassure fellow divers that I am not just an occasional ‘Sunday diver’ that has had an idea and wants to palm it off at all costs.

Quite simply, having observed divers on my boat, I came up with this idea and would like to present it to the world, get it into production and be able to sell it to all those divers that would prefer an easier life when it comes to getting fins on and off.
FINCLIP is in fact aimed at recreational divers who prefer less effort and more fun.

I would be the first to advice against using FINCLIP if you are a tech diver, extreme diving enthusiast or you dive in muddy, murky waters where the risk of getting hooked on something is very high.
In these cases even a normal spring could cause problems.

For now FINCLIP is designed to mount on fins with a standard nub BUT we are working on variations for up to 90% of the various types on fins currently on the market.

My project is now live on Kickstarter, where you can read all about it and see a video of how FINCLIP works.

You are welcome to contact me if you have any questions.

Just one more thing:

FINCLIP is the result of:
- Almost 2 years of research into finding a practical and reliable solution.
- Over € 20.000 (about $18.000) invested in research, development and the creation of prototypes.

Warm regards from Italy

Paolo

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to