diver.net

July 4th weekend...end of Winter?

JuJee Beads, handmade flamework glass beads

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Max Bottomtime on July 03, 2016 at 14:01:30:

After one of the worst winters for diving in recent memory I was expecting conditions to be OK for awhile. I was wrong. Two weeks ago we tried to dive twice and had less than two feet vis. Last week the surf kept us out of the water. Yesterday was another story.

Wind waves pounded us as we tried to dive near Marineland. We headed back around the peninsula and anchored at the crane off Haggerty's. I entered the water first and almost immediately dropped my camera. I quickly dumped my wing and descended as fast as I could. I was extremely lucky to find the camera sitting less than ten feet from me.

I ascended to relocate the anchor line only to find my housing was leaking. I sat out the dive and waited for Merry. During her dive the wind began whipping us around so we called it a day. I began to think I was never going to dive again.

We got out early this morning to beat the wind. We still only managed one dive before the wind came up at 9:30 but at least I made an actual dive. We may have to get out before sunrise tomorrow.

photo GBR5_zpspkczmf32.jpg

photo GBR2_zpsjyjgwlve.jpg

photo GBR4_zpsoklzh7bi.jpg

photo GBR3_zps28w87t8p.jpg

photo GBR6_zpsa6xdsko3.jpg

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black