diver.net

Ch-Eve correction - Westerly captain

Great Dive Trips at Bargain Prices with the Sea Divers

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Ken Kurtis on May 05, 2017 at 08:50:44:

At Chamber Evening, we always recognize and acknowledge through a PowerPoint presentation as well as announce from the stage the names of the boats, divemasters, crew, and captains who worked the daytime event. Wednesday night, I incorrectly said the Westerly captain was Joseph Lerner when in fact it was Captain Jorge Valadez. Joseph sent me the following e-mail which he has asked me to re-post and send to the Chamber Day diving community to set the record straight. I certainly apologize for the oversight.

- Ken Kurtis (Chairman, Chamber Day/Eve 2017)
------------------------------------------------------
Good morning Ken,

I really enjoyed my first Chamber Day and Chamber Night and look forward to many more in the future. In the years to come, please remind me to donate some dive trips to the cause.

I wanted to make a correction to some information about the Westerly that was shared during last night’s ceremony and I ask that you forward a correction to all participants of the event.

Either through omission or miscommunication via email I was given credit for being the Westerly captain and I am not –I am merely the owner and a DM who depends heavily and the professionals that work for me.

My primary captain, and the man who from the beginning has selflessly committed himself to me and the Westerly as a mechanic, engineer, craftsman, deckhand, dive master, colleague, business partner, mentor, and friend, is Captain Jorge Valadez. Captain Valadez has proven himself again and again, and the Westerly would not be operating as a dive boat without him. He is resolute in his commitment to the dive industry, diver safety, diver education, and a wealth of knowledge with regards to sea conditions and optimal dive locations. He is professional, unquestionably qualified, and calm and thoughtful when faced with adversity. I trust Captain Valadez with my boat, my life, the lives of my crew, and the lives of all Westerly passengers and divers.

Please give Captain Valadez the recognition he has earned and deserves and correct the record by sharing my words with the Chamber Day community; to not correct the record would be a gross disservice.

Thank you and regards,

Joseph Lerner

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to