diver.net

Dive report from Rasdhoo, Maldives

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Alex H on June 08, 2017 at 07:16:55:

In Reply to: Dive Report: Crescent Bay, Deadmans Reef, 5-29-17 posted by J. Reeb on May 30, 2017 at 20:47:31:

In May 2017 I was in Rasdhoo, Maldives for diving with my friends. So we came in the evening to Rasdhoo Dive Center and agreed on our trip. There I saw all the same faces as last year. But in this time a young guy Kyle mostly talked to us. He described everything in detail, what and how we do tomorrow, picked up the equipment for us and put them in a plastic box not to waste time the next morning.

During our trip we were joined by a couple from the Czech Republic who thanks to my previous posts in the blog decided to go to Rasdhoo. And they were very happy!

About 8:30 next day, we had already been on our way to our first point – manta point. The depth is around 12 meters, the current is weak. This is the only place on Rasdhoo Atoll where you can see these sea devils. We were lucky, and we had seen four manta rays. But these were more fearful than those I saw near the Paradise Island Resort.

As the point is situated on the northern part of Atoll, we floated near the same uninhabited islands. Thanks to the cloudy weather, the color of the water near them was simply fantastic! You can see it perfectly in the photo (no filters were added).

Our next point is just near Madivaru and it is called Madivaru Corner. It is truly included in the TOP 10 of the most beautiful dive points on the Maldives. Besides a lot of corals and fish we managed to see about two dozen sharks. Was it scary? No! Interesting? Definitely yes! In addition, we saw eagle rays, which usually swim in small groups.

The greatist advantage of Rasdhoo is the availability of diving points for beginners. Even plunging for only 8 meters you can see the beauty of this wonderful Atoll! So do not be afraid then you will have something to remember.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to