diver.net

Re: We'll Miss You Captain Patrick Smith

AquaFlite Custom Wetsuits, Dive Skins, and Dive Parkas

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Divebum Don on June 13, 2017 at 21:55:48:

In Reply to: Patrick Smith posted by Steve Lawson on May 30, 2017 at 20:44:55:

My Best memory from Patrick:

...one mid day, mid week afternoon, while mentoring two PV High students for their Senior Project(Artificial Reefing) we were gearing up @ Old Marineland to dive and place out 3 heavy concrete building blocks to about 30' deep. At about this time an 'old timer' comes by, he respectfully observes and offers good advice for the lift bag and blocks. The dive went safe and to plan. Great.(at this time I only knew Patrick Smith from having read CSW, he was a local adventure diver and author, but I didn't recognize him)...

...ascending safely to the parking lot, I was grateful to the 'stranger' who knew how to rig proper and understood my motives to get those kids out and in love with the ocean. ...weeks later I received an E mail from Patrick who knew me from one of the dive forums. He'd read my report about helping these students make a cultured reef and study concretion, and mentioned he was the diver just hanging out there that day. Friends ever since ;~) RIP Capt Pat

In honor of the sudden loss of Patrick Smith and on behalf of Cindy Shaw (Cin Divers) Ken Kollwitz has planned a boat trip to Anacapa aboard the Peace on Friday, June 30th where we can cherishing his memories and love of the ocean together!

Trip Details
• Where: Anacapa for 3 dives
• Depart from: Ventura Harbor
• When: Friday, June 30, 2017
• Time: Board on Thursday night after 8:00 pm or after 7:00 am on Friday morning with the Peace departing at 8:00 am
• Cost: $100.00-diving or not and limited to 30 people-NO refunds will be made. If you have paid and cannot go your payment will be donated to a charity of Cindy’s choosing.
• VERY IMPORTANT-this is a special priced trip in honor of our friend Patrick Smith. PLEASE do not signup if you are only looking for an inexpensive dive trip.

Ken Kollwitz will be handling all payments, sign-ups and questions you may have about this trip. You can contact Ken at 805 469-7288 or ken@channelislandsdiveadventures.com

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to