diver.net

Reunited and it feels so good

Scuba Diving on the Great Escape Southern California Live-Aboard Dive Boat

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Max Bottomtime on April 01, 2018 at 20:38:00:

Kevin Lee joined us for a couple of dives for the first time in nearly three months. He must have forgotten today was Easter because he left his bunny suit at home. After borrowing Merry's sweatshirt he braved the cold waters of Palos Verdes while wearing shorts under his drysuit.

Our first dive was back at the barge. We wanted to get better photos of the tiny Trinchesia albocrusta Merry found yesterday. I didn't find it until the end of the dive so Merry missed out. It is a tiny white speck on a flake of rush, so she didn't miss much. Visibility was not as nice as it was yesterday with more particulates in the water. We headed to Golf Ball Reef hoping for better conditions. We didn't find them.

Fortunately for us we have learned our way around...mostly. I had to ask Merry where the anchor was when it was only ten feet away. I found three tiny flatworms, Eurylepta californica but the highlight was a four foot horn shark that settled a few feet away from me. It allowed me to shoot seven photos while it patiently posed.

Photos from the barge;

Golf Ball Reef images;

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to