diver.net

Re: Dive Report For August 24th and 25th, 2018 "Not Begg Rock!"

Outer Bamnks diving on the Great Escape Southern California Live-Aboard Dive Boat

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Chris on August 28, 2018 at 09:58:49:

In Reply to: Dive Report For August 24th and 25th, 2018 "Not Begg Rock!" posted by J. Reeb on August 27, 2018 at 20:41:28:

For five years I thought Begg Rock was a mythical dive spot. I kept getting on trips and none of them made it. Then one year I made 5 out of 5 tries!

The Sea Divers had a trip last month to Begg Rock, and although the weather was perfect, the Navy said no and we ened up going to San Miguel. However we did make it in 2015 and 2016.

Keep trying, you will make it eventually.

SBI has stunningly beautiful sites, including deep reefs & caves. Many of the deeper site have hydrocoral. The issue is SBI is often prone to currents and most groups have divers who cannot cope, so the captain will take you to less desirable sites.

The best sites almost always are prone to current, that is why they are well fed and lush. You should go on a Sea Divers trip since it is a group for experienced divers and those who want to step up sites beyond where new divers students are taken.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to