diver.net

We came sooooo close - The California DiveCast

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by tleemay on November 02, 2018 at 05:33:29:

Promotional audio clip for a 2005/2006 secret project “The California DiveCast” internet radio show, or podcast using todays nomenclature.

I was going through some archived media from my days with The Great Escape and Captain Timothy Burke (RIP) and I rediscovered this clip. This not for profit project we hatched and had backing for, talent arranged ( hey Monica Prince! ) and production facilities and distribution secured... but the ego of shop owners, retailers and some “ experts” made it clear it was a great idea so long as each had exclusivity for their contributions... even after being paid a fee for their contributions on an as per basis. Unfortunately that would not fly in the spirit of the project.

Note that in 2002 the Captain and I were the first SCUBA charter boat in CA to broadcast live from above and below from Catalina Island front side at Lion’s Head while conducting dive operations with 36 customers on board that day. It was not without challenges mostly due to the islands terrible cell coverage and piss poor data throughput, but we were able to pull off a 80 min broadcast of wild video and audio to a 19 second delay to the world. At one time we had 1700+ viewers promoted by nothing but word of mouth day-of-air. It was this project that spurred the idea of “The California DiveCast”.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to