diver.net

Special guest at Marineland

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Max Bottomtime on November 11, 2018 at 11:16:51:

I had just surfaced from a dive at Marineland this morning when I heard a familiar voice call my name. Charlie Bartleson, SPKelpDiver on Scubaboard had entered from the rocks at Long Point and was catching his breath before descending to Ted's Pinnacle. We chatted for a few minutes before Merry surfaced and suggested Charlie join us for a better dive at Halfway Reef. It's not every day you get to make a rough shore entry, then make a giant stride from a boat twice before exiting on the rocky shoreline.

We had thirty feet visibility at each site, although it began closing in at Marineland with the tide shift. The water is still in the mid 60s and the incredible diversity of marine life we were spoiled to dive with for so many years hasn't returned. I'm thinking of throwing ice cubes overboard before our next dive.

Serpulorbis squamigerus, Scaled Worm snail. I photographed this same worm a decade ago and was happy to see it in the same spot. I guess some animals aren't as affected by the warm water as others.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to