diver.net

Follow-up on San Nicolas Island

AquaFlite Custom Wetsuits, Dive Skins, and Dive Parkas

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brad on November 19, 2018 at 16:07:10:

Follow-up on San Nicolas Island. Saturday i got back from 3 nights at the island, it was my 225th trip and my 358th night anchored at the island since 1993. (358! anyone in the survey group get that???) There is ZERO canopy from the sandspit all the way to the Boilers! I swam on the boilers Friday morning and took extensive video of tattered kelp that remains. All of the feedback from the "scientists" agree that the kelp is gone, but they all deny the cause! From the comfort of their living rooms, they deny what i saw with my own eyes! The CDFW has not replied to my emails, they have no interest in exploring their own conflict of interest--After all they licensed the trapper that did this to the island!! -- I predicted this decimalization of the kelp two weeks before the guy completed his rampage..The CDFW acknowledges the kelp is gone--no one wants to talk about this--EVERY entity that could do something to stop this in the future is SILENT! My suggestion--STEP OUT OF YOUR SHAME AND DO SOMETHING!! But they won't--Ladies and Gentlemen, so far the powers that be simply don't give a damn about this historical loss! 

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to