diver.net

Lost ring

dive-instructors.com, the first place to look for a dive instructor

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by David Ring on May 29, 2019 at 13:15:40:

To whom it may concern,
My name is David Ring. My family and I visited the Santa Cruz boardwalk this past Memorial Day weekend. While walking down the wharf with my wife on Sunday, May 26th, my grandfather’s ring slipped from my finger and rolled off of the east edge of the pier. I’m devastated by the loss, to say the least. The ring has been in my family for three generations now and although it isn’t extremely valuable it is priceless to us. I am writing this in hopes of reaching someone with scuba/detector/recovery experience. We are continuing to reach out to the diving community in the area. The ring landed approximately 5-10 feet from the pylons in a depth of about 7-10 feet. I raced into the water immediately after and began free diving in an attempt to recover it myself but was unsuccessful. The bottom is entirely sand, from what I could observe, with little else. I did not encounter fishing line, cables or trash while diving; from what I could see the bottom was very clean in this area. I’ve been told by various divers that it is likely within a 10 feet radius of where it initially landed. The ring is fairly large and made of 18k white gold with 7 stones clustered in the center. We are offering a cash reward of $500 at this time, plus reimbursement for expenses incurred through its recovery. I know this isn’t a large reward. We are not a rich family. But we are willing to negotiate a larger reward if necessary. Included in this letter is a picture of the ring and my contact info. For info on the exact location that the ring fell, please contact myself or my wife. We would be eternally grateful to anyone that can assist.

Sincerely,
David

David Ring:
Call/Text: 8506030536
Email: sharpstyle2010@yahoo.com

Denice Ring:
Call/Text: 8507587886
Email: daring6510@yahoo.com

Address: 4195 S Quatar Street
Aurora, Colorado 80018

Follow Ups:

Name: