diver.net

test aug 2021

Scuba Diving on the Great Escape Southern California Live-Aboard Dive Boat

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by jim on August 22, 2021 at 15:23:24:

In Reply to: My year behind the lens. posted by Chuck Tribole on December 31, 2011 at 15:58:21:

COZUMEL – AUGUST 2021 – YEAR OF COVID DELTA
margin-right: 900px
For over thirty years, we have vacationed in Cozumel and always stayed at Scuba Club Cozumel. Please, check out their website Scuba Club Cozumel and see why we return, year after year. Go ahead, I'll wait.
After more than a year, COVID continues to be a pandemic. The newest variant, delta, is highly contagious and sweeping the globe. Luckily, Deborah and I are now fully vaccinated against COVID and unlikely to be infected. Even with a breakthrough infection, any symptoms are said to be either non-existent or mild. With that in mind, we decided to return to Cozumel for our annual three-weeks in August. We had been there last November with no problems. Many people had gotten their shots, were wearing masks, and Scuba Club Cozumel (our second home) was observing all of the safety protocols.
Scuba Club Cozumel. "Welcome home!"

We checked in to the hotel, assembled our dive gear and went for a shore dive on the house reef. We poked around for a while looking for small stuff before calling the dive. All was "go" for the next morning.
Water was a warm 82-83 degrees F. Visibility was 100 feet or more, air temperature averaged about 90 degrees, and skies were partly cloudy. Let's get to the pictures. I know that's what you want to see.
Harlequin bass (Serranus tigrinus), a colorful, small bass, only three inches long.

Peacock flounder (Bothus lunatus) I love the blue color. Flounders can mimic the color/background of their surroundings, making them hard to see. With their eyes on the top side, how do they know the colors underneath? A mystery.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to