diver.net

FEST3

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by jIM on August 28, 2023 at 15:51:53:

In Reply to: My year behind the lens. posted by Chuck Tribole on December 31, 2011 at 15:58:21:

COZUMEL – AUGUST 2023 – YEAR OF CELEBRATION

Once again, Deborah, I, many of our friends and relatives returned to Cozumel, Mexico, for warm water scuba diving, sun, and fun - an annual affair for over thirty years. We have always stayed at Scuba Club Cozumel – our home away from home. Life is good.

Scuba Club Cozumel website; check it out.

Mike/Ingrid, Mark/Lucianna, and Doug/Jodi joined us early in our vacation. Many others appeared over the following three weeks, which included a surprise celebration. Read on.

We arrived at the hotel before lunch, unpacked a few t-shirts, bathing suits, and dive gear; did a short shore dive in front of the hotel to check out our equipment and my camera in anticipation of the next day's boat dives.

Water temperature was 83-84 degrees F the entire time we were there - normal for that time of year. Visibility varied but was somewhat milky and less than the normal 100 feet – perhaps due to changing currents sweeping silt up from the shallows. Daytime temperatures were in the low nineties with high humidity – much cooler than some parts of the US. We experienced a few thunder storms but none of them interfered with the diving.

SHORE DIVE

Red lionfish (Pterois volitans). Invasive to the Atlantic and Carribean. Juveniles are black, adults are red.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to