New dive boat in Bodega Bay?

Great Dive Trips at Bargain Prices with the Sea Divers

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Eric S on March 17, 2005 at 22:47:54:

I've been doing a lot of work out in Bodega Bay lately and happened to see listed on a sign on the dock in front of the Profish'nt charter boat that they offer dive charters?
I contacted the captain who happened to be on board and he said yes he does diving and the cost of the boat is $1450 on the weekends and $1250 during the week. He is licensed for 29 people on that boat. The boat looked to me like it was about 55 feet or so. He had no swim platform, no divemasters, no showers, no compressor, he offered no food or drink, no O2, nothing, just the boat.

He's dreaming.

These fishing charter guys crack me up! They never want to fully invest in something that might be a maybe, but they will keep one tow in the water just in case it warms up. They treetop, you know, whatever will make the most money for them. Unless that guy is willing to do his homework on how to run a dive operation and invest a lot of time and effort, it will never work.
DFG has clipped back fishing so bad that they eventually will be out of business running fishing charters, so unless they start doing diving they will all be gone. You can't make it on whale watching.

But what do I care, I have a boat!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]