Re: They did come up there.

AquaFlite Custom Wetsuits, Dive Skins, and Dive Parkas

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Eric S on April 14, 2005 at 09:28:08:

In Reply to: They did come up there. posted by Chuck Tribolet on April 14, 2005 at 08:45:22:

"But mostly it's that there's not a lot of tech diving on the North Coast...".

I thought they claim that any form of diving can be done DIR from basic rec to extreme tech, so how come I never see any DIR's shore diving up here?
It seems to me that the demanding conditions on the North Coast would go hand in hand with their superdiver training, at least everything I've read about it. I thought they were doing a crusade all over California to spread the good word? I've never seen one DIR at any dive shops or club meetings. They are from Monterey to San Diego and they are up in the Pacific Northwest and even Sacramento, but for some reason they totally avoid the section between San Francisco and Eureka on the coast. I don't understand. I'm not trying to be a smart _ss, I really don't understand.

Is it maybe that mountain goat hiking to get into some sites is not something they like to do? Do they do any kayak diving? Does ab diving fit into their structure? or maybe the lack of commercial dive operators?
Maybe they consider the area to small and not worth the effort, I don't know.
Or maybe they think we're too stupid to understand such an advanced concept?

I can tell you though, it is peaceful and I prefer it that way.

Just to give you an idea of how backwards it is up here, If you were to walk into any dive shop or club meeting and ask anyone if they know what DIR is, chances are they never even heard of it.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]