good point Jim

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brad on April 17, 2005 at 13:16:02:

In Reply to: Re: i'd like to be a stakeholder here in southern california.... posted by Jim on April 16, 2005 at 19:41:31:

Ironic as it sounds, i think this issue is too close to my heart for me to get that involved. It would cause me unbearable grief to sit there and listen to every other stakeholder argue as to why they should be allowed to kill the inhabitants of our incredible shared wilderness.

Too many people just use the ocean for their personal breadbasket or source of income. They have no other interest in the ocean other than to profit from it one way or another, including the so-called recreational fishermen. My proof; try chartering a boat where there was no fishing allowed and see how many fishermen would want to go out there just for the sheer beauty of it...

i attended the first United Anglers meeting at the old tuna club in the back waters of Alimitos Bay. We all came out of that meeting agreeing to the mantra "Fish for the future". The stated goal was the elimination of the gillnets, which was successful, to a large drgree...Since then, UA has lost focus and become an extention of the money interests in recreational fishing. As you know, they literally declared war against the CI reserves. That is when i gave away or destroyed ALL of my fishing gear and took up U/W photography in earnest. I consider the current UA to be treasonous to their original charter.

Thanks for the advice~

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]