Some difference in story, but totally my fault.

dive-instructors.com, the first place to look for a dive instructor

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by scubalaurel on May 12, 2005 at 20:29:17:

In Reply to: Out of Air Situations - Here's my experience, what's yours? posted by Anonymous on May 11, 2005 at 11:32:39:

Well, my reg was actually breathing really hard. I had been keeping an eye on my spg,and was aware I was below 500 psi. We were both getting ready to head into shore, as we had been under water for over an hour.

We were finishing up the dive. Getting ready to head out of the crevice, just above the mussel bump (aka 12 feet deep). I gave him the low on air signal and let's go in...he grabbed his reg out of his mouth. I put it back in signaled to swim out of crevice area. He pulled his reg out of his mouth again. I grabbed his air 2 and put it in his mouth. Then I switched his reg for mine. We ascended and surfaced about 45 seconds later, not out of control, not really slowly either....

At the surface, I did apologize and said my gauge read 300 psi. I did try to downplay it, duh...embarressed.

While rinsing my gear (totally FULL of sand) I had air aplenty to clean out my reg with, so I don't know what happened. I had my reg serviced after I got bent in October, so I don't know.

It WAS an awesome dive - we saw 7 octopod and several morays. Lots of stingrays gliding through the water. Temp was nice. It was a great dive.

However, the end was a bit scary, between sharing air and I got rolled at the end. I guess part of the reason I didn't make a big deal out of the sharing air is that I routinely give my buddies' air to elongate a dive, and we were only in 12 feet of water. Isn't this what training is for?
(ok, ok, go easy on me....

please...go easy *batting eyelashes*

Oh, BTW, y'all should be a little less quick to judge...

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]