Re: Deep air diving- Amen

dive-instructors.com, the first place to look for a dive instructor

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Steve on June 01, 2005 at 00:04:21:

In Reply to: Deep air diving posted by FARMHAND on May 31, 2005 at 17:34:24:

Did you copy and paste that out of the GUE website?

Ok...yes...you can get narced after 100 feet. There are ways to minimize it (get heart rate and breathing rate as low as possible before your descent).

In my opinion, people that are very experienced, do 100+ dives per year, and are consistently on their "A game" while diving will be skilled enough to do dives like that safely.

Its also my opinion that people who dive occasionally (20 ish dives per year, no matter how many years they've been certified) are more than likely to be unsafe at those depths. They haven’t done it enough to get really good at it. Yes, there are exceptions to that rule but I was referring to the average joe diver as opposed to the person who's been great at everything their whole life.

Yes, safety is VERY important. I'm all about safety. Have you ever seen the Cal Trans trucks on the highway with the retractable 8 foot thick bumpers? Why don’t all cars have those? Because they'd be impractical and unnecessary.

I can only assume that the "never below 100 fsw w/o helium" types also never exceed 45 mph on the highway, hold both handrails when going down any stairway, and avoid gateless railroad crossings at all costs.

This is only my opinion.

Have a nice day :)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]