Re: What is sensitivity?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by SLANG on May 25, 2000 at 12:13:33:

In Reply to: Re: What is sensitivity? posted by Jason on May 24, 2000 at 08:30:41:

What does "thinking seriously" have in common with DIR fanatics, many of whom (with the notable exceptions of the DIR proponents found on this board) go around blindly espousing the "gospel" as it was told to them by insulting anyone who happens to disagree? I wonder how many of those fanatics have actual experience, or any need for the doctrines they so fervently believe in. I would guess that many of the more obnoxious ones are just posers. It's just the latest, coolest fad; they're merely mimicking the words as told them by someone who may or may not have actual experience with it. They're no better than the moron who started this thread (although I suspect it was merely a troll).

Don't get me wrong, I have no problems with people who want to dive with backplates and long hoses - to each his own. And I think we all benefit from the amazing advances in technology and dive theory that organizations such as the GUE have brought about. I just think it is funny to hear that I am going to die from some of the some of the more fanatical DIR followers even though they may have completed only a fraction of the number of Calif. dives that I have.

SLANG

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]