Re: Re; My turn/buddy vs. solo

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jim Hoffmann on September 01, 2000 at 11:01:11:

In Reply to: Re: Re; My turn/buddy vs. solo posted by Eins on September 01, 2000 at 07:57:59:

Eins, there are lots of problems with buddy diving, buddys don't plan dives, they don't watching each other, they don't know how there buddy's straps and releases work, they don't know what there buddy's air consumption is, they don't know the placement of the buddy's oct. etc.etc.
Most rec divers dive as individuals not as a team(this by the way is one of the major differences between rec and tech. Tech divers dive with a team concept (watching each others back). They also plan their dives by figuring air consumption, dive profiles,and have a continuance plan if something should good wrong. They also have a standard equipment configuration. There are no ego's on tech dives, anyone can call the dive at anytime for any reason). If the rec divers used the Tech team concept, it would make buddy diving a lot stronger and safer.
Is it safer to buddy dive vs diving alone? I think in most cases that buddy diving is safer then diving alone. But I also think that team diving is a lot safer then buddy diving or diving solo.

Jim Hoffmann
Scuba Toys

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]