I'll tell you why

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Eins on September 07, 2000 at 22:18:17:

In Reply to: Re: I had the same question, particularly after reading MHK's last solo ... posted by MHK on September 07, 2000 at 09:35:41:

My point is that I caught you once when you repeatedly quoted something that was not correct and you had no clue of. It is not important whether it was a useless piece of gear or whatever. Fact is that you tend to quote things that you have not the full facts of.

Now you quote seven solo deaths as if it was fact. I doubt that you know for fact that all those fatalities can be attributed to solo diving, but you make the statement as if it were so. This thread has (so far) helped to rationalize things a little and showed that some of the solo dives were in fact broken-up buddy dives, not dedicated and planned solo dives.

That's my point. I'm a kind of guy who only states things he is sure of, otherwise shuts up. With this attitude, you will understand that I speak up when I see you blasting out stuff that is not fact. It is a clean debate, nothing to get personally upset about or to take as a reason to cry and leave this BBS. Deal with it.

Eins

PS: I'm not burying my head in the sand. I understand and acknowledge that several divers died because no one could or did help them. However, I am vehemently against someone trying to blame all these casualties to solo diving in general, like your statement does.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]