Re: Eins vs. MHK - A Personal Request

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MHK on September 11, 2000 at 15:04:11:

In Reply to: Eins vs. MHK - A Personal Request posted by Ken Kurtis on September 11, 2000 at 13:26:10:

Ken,

My only comment is that I was responding to unwarranted personal attacks on my credibilty. Despite the fact that I proved everyone of these allegations as false, they kept coming. Most of the time I would ignore attacks from others but when he challenged my credibilty and indicated that I was making things up I was left with no choice but to defend my comments. You'll note that I was defending rather than attacking.

It is important to me that I respond to these kinds of unprovoked, ad hoc, attacks because I am a frequent poster on various scuba forums and I was not going to let anyone leave with the impression that I make things up!!!!!!

I support my conclusions with facts, I speak my mind but have made a considered effort to keep my message focused on the issues. If you look at my posting history, wheil it's for certain that some have an opposing viewpoint, I keep personal attacks out of it and discuss how and why I do what I do.

You are free to agree or disagree with me, but I will not stand aside silently when someone accuses me of making things up.

Ken, you own and run a very nice shop, if you were advised that someone was running around town and saying the Reef Seekers rips off there customers, or that they run a reckless shop, or they are unsafe you would not stand aside and stay silent. You would correct the record.

My reputation and my credibility is VERY important to me, I freely share my information and experiences but there comes a point when you need to draw a line in the sand and Eins in my view reached that line.

Later

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]