Re: Discount Diver Supply reputation?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Bob D. on September 15, 2000 at 17:07:33:

In Reply to: Discount Diver Supply reputation? posted by KZ on September 13, 2000 at 00:12:13:

My experiences have been different for Divers Discount and Reef Seekers. A few years ago, I had an Oceanic Prodigy computer and a day before my dive trip, the battery needed replacing. I went to Divers Discount, on a Sunday and Graham was kind enough to remove the computer from the boot, replace the battery and charge only for the cost of the battery. Well, I became a customer after that. I bought an Aladin Sport computer when DDS was selling Uwatec and the price was very competitive. About a year ago, I decided to get certified for Nitrox. I went to DDS again, spoke with Hal Wells regarding the class. After spending a good part of an hour talking about the plus and minuses of Nitrox and then showing me the Aeris line and how they work, I asked Hal when the Nitrox class was scheduled.I wanted to take the class on the weekends since my work schedule involves lots of travel. Hal asked if I wanted to start that Saturday and we could finish up on Sunday(one weekend!). I not only took the class and found Hal to be an excellent instructor but I also purchased an Atmos Pro since Hal was so flexible on the class scheduling.When there was a recall on the Atmos Pro, DDS sent the computer to Aeris and offered me a loaner if I was going to dive while the Aeris was replaced. In comparison, when I got certified 4 years ago, I went to Reef Seekers and said to the salesperson, " I am interested in buying either a Dacor Nautica or a Seaquest Spectrum 3, which of the 2 do you recommend?" The answer was, "Buy a Zeagle". I walked out and bought a Dacor Nautica at another shop. Earlier this year, I decided to purchase a weight integrated Back Buoyancy BC. I went to Reef Seekers and told them I was interested in the Seaquest Balance and the Zeagle Concept II. Neither one was in stock in a large, so the guy took my name and said he would call me in a week to 10 days. That was about 9 weeks ago... I never got a call and purchased the BC at another authorized dealer!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]