Re: Update on La Crescenta fatality

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MHK on September 25, 2000 at 14:17:06:

In Reply to: Re: Update on La Crescenta fatality posted by Gerry Smith on September 25, 2000 at 14:07:42:

As far as GUE cave training goes, they are VERY, VERY clear in there class that you should not breathe the air.. I can't speak about any other agency, but in my GUE class they drove this point home, and in fact when I was in Florida a couple of weeks ago, we did a dive with Ted Cole ( one of the foremost GUE cave instructors, WKPP team members) and in the pre-dive plan he told me that he was going to take me into a romm where both he and I could stand up in and he re-emphasised that in case I had forgotten that I was not to take my reg out of my mouth. Furthermore, when I did team support for the WKPP and was bringing supplies to the guys in the habitat we were all reminded that anytime we went into the habitat that we were to keep our reg's in...

As for the Sheriff, Mark, I just met him for the first time this weekend through Jarrod Jablonski and from what I'm told this guy is the Chuck Yeager of Scuba and has been through every military, commercial, technical and recreational S & R imaginable so I would expect that he would know better. He has asked me to get involved in the Sheriff's team so I'm sure I'll be seeing more of him and I'll pose the question next time I see him. JJ said that he would call me today and let me know if they recovered he video so if Mark is around I'll see if I can ask the question.

Regards

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]